Friday, December 16, 2016

Snow and Smiles

Hi everyone!
Happy Friday! As of now, everyone in St. Mary's is officially on Christmas Break, albeit a couple days early because of the weather. This snow has been so crazy - getting home Wednesday night took ten times longer than it normally would. However, although the snow made the ride home a little crazier than normal, it led to a superbly fun day yesterday in the snow with my siblings. We went sledding on the big hill behind my house, and my dog even went down the hill with me once!


Besides the talk of snow around school, our annual Christmas families has been big in conversations. Every year, each TA (kind of like a homeroom) is given a family to bring in gifts and food for. For example, the parents would provide a list and we would donate dolls, laundry soap, or clothes for the parents. It's a really powerful experience to be able to help a family celebrate Christmas, and this year has been especially emotional because it would be the last time our TA went through the process together. This year we had an spectacular assortment of gifts, and I can't wait until we can deliver all of the presents to the family. This time of year always fosters a wonderful sense of giving and gratitude which creates the loveliest atmosphere around school.

Along with our Christmas families, gifts for friends was another huge thing on my calendar. This year, I gifted my friends with a wooden letter from the first letter of their name. I decorated each one uniquely to my friends - for my friend McKenna I painted Weiner Dogs on it, because she loves them so much! Not only finding the perfect gifts for your fiends is rewarding, but also seeing what they have decided to gift you that year. It's always so much fun!!

Alright everyone, I'm going to leave it off here because I gotta go warm up my fingers with a hot chocolate topped with whipped cream. Yum!

See you next time!
Bryn 17'

No comments:

Post a Comment